17.3.08

Tanzanian Culinary Delights: Fish Plate

Tropical fish in their right element...
Speargun fishing off the north coast of Zanzibar can get you some fine catch. Just off the shore of where we are staying you can snorkel your way to a tasty meal in minutes. Unfortunately I was sidelined by my now blistering back from the first day of snorkling, but some friends managed to catch these fine specimens of local sea wildlife only a few front crawl strokes off the beach. The local fisherman deliver fresh meter long kingfish, dolphin fish and others to the resort restaurant in the late afternoon and in the evening you can purchase a price meal for a meager $18. My budget doesn't stretch quite that far, but with me newfound source of $3 mangos and $1.50 loafs of bread I might be able to grab some tomorrow night...


No comments: