11.2.08

Fjelltur

Yesterday I started the day off with a 3 hour ride in vibrant sunshine and plus 10 out on the north portion of the Sotra Island. The views on this ride are absolutely stunning with mutliple bridges revealing scenes of bright blue ocean on either side, colourfull boat houses and chugging sailboats on their way out to a day of salty adventure. All of this with the backdrop of the mountains surroung Bergen to the east.

Later in the day I desided to take anther trip outdoors, this time on foot to the top of the very local Bildøytoppen. It is a small mountain with lots of route options along the top including a beautiful lake. I wrangled up a group of newfound friends and hit the trails. We were met with stunning views once we got ourselves up onto the mountain. It is incredible what the contrast and harmony between mountains and ocean can do for you on such a vibrant day.
This place is stunning, this country is stunning, the people here are stunning. I think I can really get to love this part of the world, even more than I already do. Thanks to Herr Gilje for the photos.

No comments: